LOCATION

Timisoara, venue
  Timisoara foto gallery



Restaurant Valery 4
121, Calea Aradului
Timisoara, Romania
GPS coordinates Latitude: 45.786529; Longitude: 21.217559
 



Vizualizaţi BUASVMT pe o hartă mai mare


Location of Timisoara


GPS coordinates
Latitude: 45°45'35"N;   Longitude: 21°13'48"E
Country: Romania
County: Timis County
Status: County Capital
Area:
    City: 129.2 km2 (49.9 sq mi)
    Metro: 1,070.4 km2 (413.3 sq mi)
Elevation: 90 m (295 ft)
Population (est. 2009)
    City: 312,113
    Density: 2,415.7/km2 (6,256.7/sq mi)
    Metro: 359,132
Time Zone: Central European Time, GMT+2
Official Language: Romanian
Monetary Unit: Leu (RON); Approximately in euros (1€ ~ 4.3 Lei)
Credit cards: Most retail outlets, airports, hotels and restaurants accept all major credit cards



  • Timisoara city

    Timisoara is a city in the Banat region of western Romania. It is the capital of Timis County. One of the largest Romanian cities, with an estimated population of almost 350.000 inhabitants, Timisoara is the main economic and cultural center in Banat, in the western part of the country.

    Timisoara is one of the most important cities of Romania, regarding also the investments. Neighboring three European capitals (Budapest, Vienna, Belgrade) has led to a multi-cultural space.

    The charm of this city, settled on the northern bank of the Bega River, lies in its distinct architectural character and vibrant cultural life. Frequently referred to as "Little Vienna," Timisoara is home to year-round musical and theatrical performances, art galleries, museums and a buzzing nightlife. A progressive, cosmopolitan place, Timisoara was the first city in Europe and second in the world after New York, to use electricity to illuminate its public streets.

    Thanks to its mild climate, Timisoara has lots of public squares and lush green retreats. The city is easy to explore on foot. If you get tired, a tram will be along in a moment; the system is fast, frequent and efficient.

    In many respects, it is the abundance of Secessionist architecture that has provided Timisoara with its rather appropriate moniker, "Little Vienna." Secessionism developed in two distinct architectural phases here. Sinuous lines and floral decorations characterized the first phase which lasted until 1908. The second phase, which continued until the First World War, saw simpler, larger buildings with geometrical designs. Secessionism in Romania was an important link between the Byzantine style and later modernist architecture.

    Timisoara abounds with churches of several denominations, a Jewish quarter, an elegant baroque square and a pedestrian-only downtown area. Some of the monuments in the heart of the city afford panoramic views, while the many parks in this "city of flowers" provide an idyllic spot to take a break from sightseeing.

  • BUASVMT, Timisoara

    University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Banat "Regele Mihai I al României" ("King Michael I of Romania") Timisoara (BUASVMT)
    Our faculty history started once, on December 31, 1944, when Royal Decree No. 660 was published in Monitorul Oficial no. 302, setting up the Western University with seven faculties: Law, Letters and Philosophy, Sciences, Humans Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy and Theology.

    Because of subjective reasons, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine has started its activity only in 1948 in Arad, in a different organizational structure. There it worked until 1957, when also from subjective reasons, goes into liquidation, although in a short time managed to establish itself nationally and even internationally. Thus, by backstage games, it dispels a prestigious core of teachers and an adequate material basis of the time.

    Agitated and painful changes in orientation of agriculture, which proved to be totally wrong, increased livestock and subsequent livestock and agriculture education. Under these conditions, it was set up that in western Romania a Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is necessary.

    Thus, by the decision of Council of Ministers No. 428 from 23 May 1962 was founded the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, that entering into service from the academic year 1962/1963 inside the Agronomic Institute from Timisoara and it works till now with a single specialization: Veterinary Medicine.

    Foto Gallery




    See BUASVMT on a larger map

  • “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara

    “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara (UMFT)
    The “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, was first founded as a modest faculty, part of the initial Western University, following the Decree-Law No. 660, issued and signed by His Majesty King Michael I of Romania, on 30th December 1944; the inauguration of the new faculty took place on 15 July 1945.
    The first document, which recorded the establishment of The Timisoara Faculty of Medicine, was the Decree no. 104 on 17th January 1945, signed by the Ministry of Health, Dr. Dumitru Bagdasar, a prominent personality of the Romanian medical life. However, the fundamental document, which led, de jure et de facto, to the setting up of the Faculty of Medicine, was the Law no.361 of May, 4th, 1945, modifying the provisions of Council Order by which the Western University was set up, so as to meet the objective requirements for the formation of healthcare specialists, in the West of the country. Actually, the Timisoara Faculty of Medicine opened on 15th July1945, with two study years: the first year of study, consisting of 412 students, and the second year of study, consisting of 76 students.
    During the first three months, teaching consisted only in lectures, namely: anatomy, physiology, chemistry, lectures that were held in the auditorium and classrooms of the Students’ Union, on King Charles Boulevard (the former “Notre Dame” Secondary School).
    An important change in the course of the medical educational process occurred in October 1945, when the faculty was given its current residence, the “Banatia” building (1936), that previously belonged to the “Banatia” Foundation of the Catholic Church.
    Clinical training started initially in four hospitals, while today students are being trained in more than twenty-five teaching hospitals located in twelve buildings. This development was at the same time parallelled by a change in title: up to 1948 – the Faculty of Medicine; between 1948 – 1990 – the Institute of Medicine, which immediately after 1948 encompassed three faculties: General Medicine, Pediatrics and Hygiene; after 1990 – the University of Medicine and Pharmacy; starting with 2001, the university proudly bears the name of the famous scientist, Dr. Victor Babes, whose origins can be found in this part of the country.
    Since then, more than 25,000 students have graduated from the Timisoara medical school, including a fair number of foreign students from all over the world.
    The “Victor Babeş” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara has three faculties, which in turn have several sub-specialisations: the Faculty of Medicine (Medicine, Registered nurses, Balneo-physio-kinetotherapy and recuperation, Radiology and imaging, Nutritionand Dietetics), the Faculty of Dental Medicine (Dental Medicine, Dental Technique, Registered nurses in dentistry), the Faculty of Pharmacy (Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical assistants).
    The “Victor Babeş” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara has several student hostels, providing accommodation for all our students, first-year students included.
    The university has its own library, an IT study centre, a department of computer sciences and two laboratories of medical informatics.
    The Faculty of Medicine has undergone a permanent metamorphosis, despite all difficulties it had to face. At present, the “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, with a past that recommends it as one of the most prestigious institutions of higher education, is also the warrant of further valuable results both in training future generations of physicians, pharmacists or dental surgeons, and in offering medical assistance to the community.
    Research represents an essential part of our academic activity, the university increasingly becoming an integrant part of international research networks. Our university has an extensive research basis structured on research centres where research is focused on two well-defined directions: fundamental research and clinical research (immunohistology, first kidney transplant in Romania from cadaver, first in-vitro fertilisation, cutaneous flaps in reconstructive surgery, animal-based experimental surgery). Both graduate and postgraduate students are encouraged to participate in research activities and to publish the results of their activity in well-known medical journals.

  • Restaurant Valery 4

    Restaurant Valery 4
    Be it a wedding, christening, business cocktail or cocktail party, Valery pensions can provide everything you need and can help in counseling to determine all the details. We are in the customer service for more than seven years by Valery I , Valery II and Valery III

    We characterize as an ideal host-oriented quality services to our clients. Experience and tradition, today we confirm that we are a company with prestige, obtained by our power to please every guest in part, based on fairness in our business and customer.

    Address:
    Restaurant Valery 4
    121, Calea Aradului
    Timisoara, Romania
    GPS coordinates Latitude: 45.786529; Longitude: 21.217559